"The Gift of Christmas"
Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Each year the First Lutheran Church Women (FLCW) host the fall Bazaar to raise funds for local,
regional and global missions. In 2016 over $48,000 was given to 38 programs, ministries or agencies.
Every year there is something new! Invite a friend and shop this year's bazaar!
The Gift of Christmas
For generations the women of First Lutheran Church have given of themselves to help others. Click for a gallery of photos of the wonderful women (and men) who have made the Bazaar such a success over the years.
Due to a few wonderful donations, this year Attic’s Treasure will include a Boutique Shop with new, never used items that include brands such as Lenox Christmas ornaments and dishes, Christopher Radko ornaments, Longaberger and Peterboro baskets, Polish pottery and Swarovski Crystal ornaments and animals. Come and visit all the wonderful shops at the Bazaar and get a jump on your Christmas shopping.
Attic Treasures is no longer accepting donations for attic Treasures. Thank you to all who have donates items!
Especially needed items*
Bring to church on Friday, Nov. 3
• Homemade baked goods: cookies, pies, rolls, pastries, quick breads, etc.
• Scandinivan goodies: flatbread, yeast bread, fruit bread, krumkakke, sandbakkels, fatigman, kringler, Norwegian almond wedding cakes
• Home-canned items
• Homemade candies: *caramels, divinity, *chocolate or peanut butter fudge, toffee, *peanut brittle
• Treats: Candy and caramel apples, caramel corn chocolate covered pretzels, *popcorn balls
Featured for 2017
- Food Butikk
- Kaffee Stua (Coffee Shop)
- Scandinavian Buffet
- Specialty Shops (Antiques, Attic Treasures, Book Cellar, Christmas items and gifts, Christ Corner, Calligraphy, Handcrafted Wood Gifts, Jewelry, Linens, Plants, Quilts, Scandinavian, Seasonal, Sweets, Variety Boutique)
- Live Music
Volunteers to press, measure and label tablecloths. Contact Betty DeBerg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosettes - We are looking for some Rosette Makers on Monday, Oct. 30, in the Fellowship Hall. “On the job training” provided for those who have never made rosettes! Come enjoy the fun!
Volunteer the week of the Bazaar
• Movers and haulers: Wednesday, Nov. 1 at 9 a.m.
• Set up Christmas trees: Wednesday, Nov. 1.
• Helpers to set up shops: Thursday, Nov. 2 at 9 a.m.
Volunteer day of the Bazaar - Nov. 4
• Wait staff and bussers:
9 –11 a.m. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 1 – 3 p.m.
Contact: Colleen Kokenge 605-338-3303
• Sandwich Makers (sit down job)
• Butter lefse (sit down job)
• Buffet table attendant
• Traffic directors in parking lots
• Greeters and guides
• Clean-up workers after 3 p.m.
• Workers for shops (some sit down jobs)
• Shop cashiers (sit down job)
• Attic Treasures volunteers for hauling, setup, checkout and monitoring
• Musicians (voice, instrument, piano)
Contact: Mary Ryrholm at 261-7325
We NEED and WANT you to be involved! Many jobs are available! You will have the time of your life!
Call: Jean Colon - 334-7718 or Sandy Fink - 339-2933