Monthly│Second Tuesdays, 12 noon│Gathering Room (new location)
First Lutheran senior adults and their friends are invited to lunch and a program. Please RSVP the week before to 336-3734.
Rides are available by calling Project CAR, 332-2777, no later than 9 a.m. on the Monday prior to the luncheon.
- Jan. 10 Feeding South Dakota│Scalloped potatoes and ham, green beans, dinner roll
- Feb. 14 Sioux Falls Lutheran School Choir
- March 14 Jana Elkins, First Lutheran Parish Nurse
- April 11 Joel Nevin, Pancreatic Cancer; Baked potato bar
- May 9 Bernie Hunhoff - Founder and Editor, South Dakota Magazine; Penne pasta alfredo, salad, bread stick
- June 13 CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates; BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, baked beans
- July 11 Pastor David and Margaret Houck, Vocal Music; Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn
- Aug. 8 Jeff Backer, Israel study trip; Taverns, potato salad, baked beans
- Sept. 12 Peru Crew reports on their summer Mission Trip; Chicken wild rice hot dish, corn, dinner roll
- Oct. 10 Zachary Rygiel, First Lutheran Music Director and Organist – First Lutheran’s Organ; Broccoli cheese soup, cocktail sandwiches
- Nov. 14 Norway Nurses from Augustana University; Goulash, Caesar salad, bread stick
- Dec. 12 Lincoln High School Choir, Christmas Music; Fried rice, cashew chicken, crab rangoon
Project CAR is a service providing free transportation for senior citizens and special needs adults involved in First Lutheran, First Congregational, St. John American Lutheran, Our Savior’s Lutheran, the Senior Companion Program and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P.). Rides to Sunday worship and church related activities must be scheduled at least 24-hours in advance.
Volunteer drivers are needed. Contact: Kate Heligas (605) 332-2777.
Healthy Feet Community Foot Care Clinic will be held each month on the fourth Tuesday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., in the Parish Meeting Room. Sanford foot care nurses will screen, assess, treat and educate participants. The cost is $25. Appointments are necessary. Call (605) 336-3734 to schedule.
Pickleball is offered on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Pickleball is a combination of tennis, ping pong, and badminton. However it is more a strategic gamed played on a smaller court with a whiffleball and paddle.
Stepping into Health
Quarterly walking/running program sponsored by the Pastoral Care Board. Participants register and log their steps for three months as a time. After the steps are totaled, prizes are awarded to the top five walkers/runners. Quality pedometers are available for a small fee.
There is a walking circuit throughout the church. Stop by the Information Desk for a map.
Yoga classes are offered on Mondays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Fridays from noon to 1 p.m. in the Upper Room. A freewill donation is accepted to offset the cost of the instructor fees. All you need to bring is a mat or a towel.