Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church (WELCA)
WELCA Monthly Stewardship Activities and Projects – an opportunity to be a good steward. Are you interested in helping people of our state, country and the world with simple donations each month? We invite you to join our WELCA group by donating useful items monthly as we collect various materials for Lutheran World Relief and other agencies. Our project for September is Personal Care Kits. The following items may be brought to the Welcome Center Desk any day of the week. The kit includes: large comb, nail clipper, bath size towel, toothbrush and large bar of soap. All donations are very much appreciated. Thank you.
WELCA meets monthly for food, fellowship and a program. All women are welcome. You do not need to be a member of a Circle.
October 5, 2017│10 a.m. WELCA Board Meeting in Manos de Cristo
October 5, 2017 │12 p.m. General WELCA Meeting in the Gathering Room
Program: Pastoral Intern, Jeff Backer, will speak on visiting and studying in the Holy Land
November 4, 2017│9 a.m. - 3 p.m. - Annual Fall Bazaar "The Gift of Christmas"
November 9, 2017│ 9 a.m. WELCA Board Meeting in Manos de Cristo
November 9, 2017│10 a.m. General WELCA Meeting in the Gathering Room
Program: Teresa Nygaard from the SD Synod office will tell of her experiences in service to God
December 2, 2017│9 am WELCA Board Meeting in the Gathering Room
December 2, 2017│10 am WELCA Christmas Gathering in Fellowship Hall
Program: Music and singing to celebrate Jesus'. Special music provided by Joel Gingrich, a solo handbell performer who also plays in the Heartland Handbells here in Sioux Falls.
- Dorcas Circle│Third Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Elizabeth Circle│Third Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Hannah Circle│Third Thursday, 6 p.m.
- Katie Circle│Third Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.
- Lois Circle│Third Tuesday, 9 a.m.
- Lydia/Rachel Circle│Third Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Martha Circle│Third Thursday, 1 p.m.
- Rhoda Circle│Third Thursday, 1 p.m.
- Ruth Circle│Third Thursday, 7 p.m.
- Sarah Circle│Third Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
In addition to an All-Circle Bible study, Circles hold Bible studies during their monthly meetings.
Fair Trade Coffee Sales
First Lutheran Church Women (FLCW) host a coffee sale the second Sunday each month. A variety of Equal Exchange brand fair-trade coffees, teas, cocoa and chocolate from Lutheran World Relief are available. Stop by the table in the Welcome Center between services.
Watch for updates.
Please contact the First Lutheran Church office for current leadership contacts (605) 336-3734.
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
Annual FLCW Bazaar
"The Gift of Christmas"
Nov. 4, 2017│9 am – 3 pm
First Lutheran Church
Bazaar Planning Mondays, Sept. 18 and Oct. 16, 5 p.m. in the Gathering Room. Come see what you can do to help make this the best bazaar/community fundraiser ever!
There will be a Bazaar Preview in the Welcome Center on Sunday, Oct. 8. Come and see some of the wonderful things you will see at our Nov. 4 Bazaar!
Unless otherwise noted, please leave donations for the Bazaar in the "Bazaar Box" located by the Atrium elevator.
• Attic Treasures is accepting donations through Oct. 15. Items must be in good, clean condition/working order. Fragile items should be wrapped and packaged to avoid damage. We cannot accept electronics, clothing or furniture. Attic Treasures items needed include:
- Christmas crafts, décor, kitchen & household items
- Crafts, unfinished projects
- Floral, baskets and vases
- Kitchen items, home decor, pillows, artwork, frames
- Purses, scarves, accessories
- Seasonal decorations
- Stuff for the guys
- Toys and games
• Home baked or canned good & sweets. All varieties of baked goods and sweets, homemade canned goods, etc. (bring to church Friday, Nov. 3)
• Baby and children's items (baby blankets, baby toys, tents, doll clothes, etc.)
• Jewelry - new shop this year! Do you make jewelry or do you have jewelry you no longer wear? – Please bring donations of fine jewelry, costume jewelry and jewelry you have created to the reception desk at church for safe keeping.
• Linens are being accepted in the Quilt Service Center.
• Pet items (homemade treats, sweaters, toys, etc.)
• Plants (bring beginning Oct. 30) and garden items
• Scandinavian items
• Used books of all kinds
Attic Treasures - Pricing day is Tuesday, Sept. 19, 9 a.m. - noon in the Upper Room.
Volunteers to press, measure and label tablecloths. Contact Betty DeBerg, email@example.com
Rosettes - We are looking for some Rosette Makers on Monday, Oct. 30, in the Fellowship Hall. “On the job training” for those who have never made rosettes! Come enjoy the fun!
Workers - Please consider Volunteering to work in a shop, waitress, help set up, help clean up, help in any way!
We NEED and WANT you to be involved! Many jobs are available! You will have the time of your life!!!
Call: Jean Colon - 334-7718, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandy Fink - 339-2933(email@example.com)