Monthly│Second Tuesdays, 12 noon│Gathering Room (new location)
First Lutheran senior adults and their friends are invited to lunch and a program. Please RSVP the week before to 336-3734.
Rides are available by calling Project CAR, 332-2777, no later than 9 a.m. on the Monday prior to the luncheon.
- Jan. 10 Feeding South Dakota│Scalloped potatoes and ham, green beans, dinner roll
- Feb. 14 Sioux Falls Lutheran School Choir
- March 14 Jana Elkins, First Lutheran Parish Nurse
- April 11 CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates
- May 9 Bernie Hunhoff - Founder and Editor, South Dakota Magazine
- June 13 Jennifer Boomgarden, South Dakota State University
- July 11 Pastor David and Margaret Houck, Vocal Music
- Aug. 8 Program to be announced
- Sept. 12 Paramedics Plus
- Oct. 10 Zachary Rygiel, First Lutheran Music Director and Organist – First Lutheran’s Organ
- Nov. 14 Norway Nurses from Augustana University
- Dec. 12 Lincoln High School Choir, Christmas Music
Project CAR is a service providing free transportation for senior citizens and special needs adults involved in First Lutheran, First Congregational, St. John American Lutheran, Our Savior’s Lutheran, the Senior Companion Program and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P.). Rides to Sunday worship and church related activities must be scheduled at least 24-hours in advance.
Volunteer drivers are needed. Contact: Kate Heligas (605) 332-2777.
Soup, Sandwich and Sweets Day Fundraiser – Oct. 27
Join us for the 13th Annual Soup, Sandwich and Sweets Day, Thursday, Oct. 27, at First Lutheran Church. The menu will feature three soups, pork loin sandwiches, and homemade desserts. Serving is from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 – 7:00 pm. Take out is available, call 332-2777.
Healthy Feet Community Foot Care Clinic will be held each month on the fourth Tuesday from 9 a.m.-3 p.m., in the Parish Meeting Room. Sanford foot care nurses will screen, assess, treat and educate participants. The cost is $25. Appointments are necessary. Call (605) 336-3734 to schedule.
Pickleball is offered on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Pickleball is a combination of tennis, ping pong, and badminton. However it is more a strategic gamed played on a smaller court with a whiffleball and paddle.
Stepping into Health
Quarterly walking/running program sponsored by the Pastoral Care Board. Participants register and log their steps for three months as a time. After the steps are totaled, prizes are awarded to the top five walkers/runners. Quality pedometers are available for a small fee.
There is a walking circuit throughout the church. Stop by the Information Desk for a map.
Yoga classes are offered on Mondays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Fridays from noon to 1 p.m. in the Upper Room. A freewill donation is accepted to offset the cost of the instructor fees. All you need to bring is a mat or a towel.